Web Developer in Boston, MA
This page describes my recent work experiences. You can also view my formal resume here.
April 2016 • Present
- helped build the Remarketing feature, which drove over a quarter million dollars in ARR in its first quarter
- worked on debt reduction across the Localytics stack, including migrating Remarketing's AngularJS code from Coffeescript to ES6 and from the Rails asset pipeline to Webpack.
- built a React app (powered by AWS Lambda) that helps manage and secure access to a massive AWS fleet.
- helped document and package that React work into a toolkit that will be used for future internal tools.
July 2015 • January 2015
My first post-grad job was as a Web Developer at Raizlabs, a Boston mobile development firm. As a member of the web development team, I created responsive web applications, scalable backend services, and APIs that drive awesome apps. I worked on a wide variety of projects, including:
- a Ruby on Rails and AngularJS interactive marketing tool that was seen by over 1,500 medical professionals across the U.S.
- REST APIs for an innovative new telecommunications app, an amusement park with global reach, and a Fortune 50 retailer
- a blazing fast data collection backend using Go and MongoDB that scales to 10,000 concurrent users
- Every single level of the stack, from pixel-perfect design implementation in HTML and Sass to DevOps with Ansible, Docker and Amazon Web Services.
June 2014 • June 2015
Over the summer of 2013, I worked at Atlantic Media on the development team behind the web properties of The Atlantic and The Atlantic Wire. Using Django and PHP, I worked with a small, agile team of full-stack developers on projects including an interactive feature seen by 250,000 visitors. I continued to do freelance work for the Atlantic through the following school year.
June 2013 • February 2014
Starting in the spring of 2013, I became the web developer for The Bowdoin Orient, inheriting a large PHP code base that encompassed both the site's front-end and the newsroom CMS for editors. While maintaining that code base, I worked on a next-generation system built on Django, Amazon Web Services, end-to-end testing and high scalability.
April 2013 • Present